Today I want to explain you how to unlock the bootloader.
You need that to be able to continue other How To, S-Off, Install recovery, Root your Sensation.
All those how to are needed to do one time before flashing a custom rom!
You can also follow the video:
- Install SDK
dowload link: windows, mac, linux
- Your phone drivers must be installed. If your phone is detected and you can plug it to your computer on disk drive, it must be enough.
- Sync your contact list with your google account, and save your sms with: sms backup & restore
- Factory reset your phone, this is why you must have saved everything!
II - ManipulationsFactory reset:
- Uncheck Fastboot
Menu / Settings / Power / Uncheck Fastboot
- Check usb debugging
Menu / Settings / Dev Options / Check Usb Debugging
- Turn off your phone
- Reboot it into bootloader
Press power & volume down
- Select Factory Reset
You can follow all instruction on the HTCDev.com website.
- Remove the battery from your phone
- Reboot on bootloader mode
- Select Fastboot
- Plug your phone to the computer
Dowload android sdk tools: windows
You must have the 3 files: adb.exe, AdbWinapi.dll & fastboot.exe
- On the coputer: Go to Start / Run.
On the cmd window:
- Go to the tools folder, use this command:
mine is: cd C:/android-sdk-windows/tools
- Enter the folowing command:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
Then you must have a message like that:
Now you have to select the part starting from <<<<< Identifier .... to Token End>>>>>
Do a right click to copy.
- Then go to the htcdev.com website. You have to enter this code into the box message created to that, after having selected the unlock bootloader for your device.
PS: you must be logged in.
Then you will receive an email with a file: Unlock_code.bin
- Download this file, it is different for each device.
- Place it into the same folder than previously use, with fastboot.exe, adb.exe...
- Go back to the cmd windows and enter this command:
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
A new screen has appeared on your phone, you have to select yes with the volume button and press power.
CONGRATULATIONS, your device has now an unlocked bootloader!